Being involved in a truck accident is a terrifying experience. The massive nature of semi-trucks speaks volumes about the type of destruction that they are capable of. Even if it is not the fault of the semi-truck operator, they may still cause a great deal of injury in a trucking accident. Lawyers are therefore necessary for those involved in a trucking accident. A Denver Trucking Accident Attorney from Mandelaris Law will fight relentlessly so that those who fall victim to an accident involving a truck receive the maximum amount of compensation available.
Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Denver, CO
Dozens of truck accidents happen in Colorado each year. Many of them, unfortunately, prove to cause serious injury and even death. A number of organizations and governmental institutions are working to improve safety on the roadway for truckers and other automobile operators alike. Yet many challenges present themselves that ultimately lead to crashes and other incidents.
- Lack of attention to the roadway
- Truck drivers operating for an excessive amount of hours and drowsiness
- Improper loading of a semi-truck
- Inclement weather conditions
- Malfunctioning equipment or mechanical issues
- Distracted driving such as texting and driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs such as alcohol or controlled substances
- Lack of education concerning truck-operation
- Anger, including road-rage
- Improper maintenance of logs and other documents
As previously mentioned, many of these faults can be committed by truckers and other automobile operators alike. The devastating consequences of these mishaps are exactly why Denver personal injury attorneys are so committed to providing the very best service to their clients.
Colorado Semi Accidents by the Numbers
Trucking accidents represent a great deal of crashes, injuries, and deaths that occurred in the state of Colorado. In 2017 alone, there were 87 fatal accidents within state lines. In comparison, there were 327 fatal passenger vehicle accidents, despite the smaller number of semi-trucks that are physically on the roadway in comparison to cars. This percentage is increased even more when including the number of fatal accidents involving light trucks. The death toll for semi-truck accidents in 2021 climbed to over 4,000. With nearly 10% of all fatal crashes in Colorado involving semi-trucks, serious legal representation for victims is required.
There are a myriad of different entries that can be experienced by victims of a trucking accident. Many of these are the result of a slew of circumstances, including being pushed off the road, impacting with a truck itself, and even impacting with other vehicles in the vicinity as the result of a truck.
- Serious injury to the head and neck, such as a concussion or whiplash
- Loss of senses as a result of nerve or connective tissue damage
- Internal bleeding or organ failure
- Breaking or snapping of bones and ligaments
- Loss of limbs and appendages
What Can Be Recovered in a Truck Accident Claims Case?
Despite these unfortunate happenings, there are many types of compensation that our team will fight to secure for you. Contrary to popular belief, not all damages must be the direct result of a financial bill that comes your way. Themes involving emotional and psychological distress, among others, have the potential to be recovered in a quarter of life by a skilled attorney. It is important that your legal counsel has adequate experience with the Colorado courts.
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical expenses such as ambulance rides, surgeries, and more
- Emotional distress such as pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
Reach Out to A Denver Truck Accident Attorney That Has Your Back
It has been proven time and time again that Denver truck accident attorneys are necessary for a safe and secure future. Waiting to reach out and connect with a law firm can have dire consequences on your financial, emotional, and relational stability. Mandelaris Law understands the difficulty of becoming the victim of a trucking accident. Our firm offers free consultations to those looking for legal help after an incident. By contacting us, you will be placing the well-being of yourself and your family in the hands of people you can trust. Reach out to us today by visiting our website or calling 303-357-9757.